So to start things off i just want to add that its been a while since i was trying to find a good solution to play movies on my 360.
First i tried tversity but i wasn’t able to get subtitles to work at all.
I tried again and again all sorts of things but nothing worked.
Eventually i found the ps3 media server which had subtitles “out of the box” but the problem with it is that it wasn’t all that good for the 360; it worked, but it was sluggish.
So i decided to give tversity another go.
So googled quite a few hours and eventually found this : http://forum.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=10517.
So let me describe my situation.
I have Windows 7 and i had klite codec pack installed.
So this is what i did :
1. Uninstalled everything that was related to codecs : klite codec pack, ffdshow, avisynth, etc . I simply uninstalled everything i found that had something to do with video conversion or codecs.
2. Ran Advanced System Care 3 and cleaned my registry.
3. Restarted my pc.
4. Added a password to my main windows user account (the one i use). VERRY IMPORTANT (IT SEEMS THAT THIS IS THE ONE I MISSED THE OTHER TIMES I TRIED TO MAKE SUBS WORK)
5. Downloaded CCCP http://www.cccp-project.net and installed it with the following items UNSELECTED :
- FFDShow Tryout
- Haali Media Splitter
6. Installed FFDshow-tryouts http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net with the default settings.
7. Download and install MatroskaSplitter . http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Haa … litter.htm
8. Started the services manager (Start- Run - “services.mcs”, hit enter)
Went to the tversity service , went into properties, log on tab, selected “This Account” and selected my account, and entered the password for it.
9. Went to : Start > All Programs > ffdshow > Video Decoded Configurations ,scrolled down to subtitles and checked subtitles and then made sure these are CHECKED :
- Accept Embedded subtitles
- Accept SSA,ASS, ASS2…
- Decode closed captions
10. Open Tversity, make sure the service is running , add movies and the go to settings and make sure these are set :
- General :
- Media Playback : Autodetect
- Transcoder :
- When to transcode : "Always"
- Windows Media Encoder : i had checked "Use Directshow …"and "Windows Media Video 9" selected in the combo
EDIT : When u install TVERSITY MAKE SURE U DO NOT INSTALL THE DRIVERS included.
I finally went to the 360 and voila : subtitles .