Unable to play HD .mp4 on Xbox 360

Hi guys,
Really loving TVersity and I can play all my SD .mp4 movies but my Xbox 360 refuses to play Hi-Def .mp4 movies.

I have installed Shark 007 codecs.

Is it possible to play HD .mp4 files?

thank you

MP4 with H.264 and AAC are sent to the Xbox as is so failure to play them is typically indicative of Xbox limitations.

Can you analyze one of those files via media Info (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en) and post the results?

As a workaround you can try moving those files to a separate folder and when adding this folder turn on the “always transcode” flag. This will convert these files to WMV and so they should play.

The issue might be related to AC3, last time we tested it, the Xbox, would not play AC3 over DLNA, and definitely not in an MP4 container. You will have to have them converted as per my original suggestion above.

Excellent I will have a look at this and get back to you

I am not sure how much info you need but I’ll give you what I think you require: -

Container - MPEG-4 (Base Media / Version2): 10.1 GiB, 1 video stream AVC, 2 audio streams AAC / AC-3

First video stream - 7 690 Kbps, 1920*800 (2:40:1), at 23.976fps, AVC (High@L4.1) (CABAC / 4 Ref Frames)

First Audio stream - English, 160Kbps, 48.0 KHz, 2 channels, AA (LC)

Second Audio Stream - English, 640Kbps, 48.0KHz, 16 bits, 6 channels, AC-3