Tversity working fine, then fail on new server version

Not sure what’s going on here, but up until I installed the new server version, everything on my xbox seemed to work fine running the Tversity media server. Now I get a connection to the server, but all of my folder selections have a circle with a line through them indicating that they are blocked.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

I have the same issue. It is like the Xbox thinks that the menus from TVersity is videos.

In which country do you reside?

• Denmark (but bought the Xbox 360 in Stockholm, Sweden)

When approximately did you purchase your xbox? Do you have exact model number?

• Two years ago / Marts 2010
  • Model #: 1439

What firmware do you have?

• D:2.0.15574.0

Are you running TVersity 2.2? What version did you run before when it worked?

• Yes 2.2. Did not run TVersity before because I did not find the older versions good enough and then I tried the new version with worse result than before.

Does it happen with all videos or just some? Can you provide one such video for our testing? (you can use this service https://www.transferbigfiles.com/ or other similar ones if the file is too big. Small files can be sent as attachments to our support mail box)

A reinstall of TVersity also solved my issue.

I got the same problem though I havent upgraded but just bought TVersity because I thought that the new version would work better than the old one - but seems not to. The Xbox seems to think that the menu titles like "All", "Dates", "Folders", "Internet", "Internet Playlists", "Tags" and "Video Indexes" are all videos (it has marked it as) and therefor you cannot access the folders because it tries to open the folder as a video.

Here is the info about my Xbox 360:

• Denmark (bought in Sweden)
  • Two years ago, model number: 1439
  • D:2.0.15574.0
  • None
    Does it happen with all videos or just some? Can you provide one such video for our testing? (you can use this service https://www.transferbigfiles.com/ or other similar ones if the file is too big. Small files can be sent as attachments to our support mail box)
  • Video uploaded on: http://www.sendspace.com/file/97fw5n

ronenmiz - I thought I would reply to your post as I found this thread whilst trying to resolve this problem myself and found that so far there is no official resolution.

I reside in the UK, unfortunately I cannot tell you the model number or purchase date of the XBox as I bought it second hand, however I can tell you that the xbox is running the latest available firmware in my country, and the TVersity Server version I was using was 1.9.7 . Additionaly I can inform you that my experience of this problem did not occur after an upgrade or reinstall - it just started to happen one day when I turned the XBox on. As far as I can tell, there were no hardware or software changes on the Server machine at the time the error started occurring.

The problem does happen with ALL video files. Infact when you enter TVersity from the XBox video viewer, all of the usual folders (All, Dates, Folders etc) show up with the ‘no entry’ sign, and bizarrely when you click on them they behave like media files and open up the ‘play, resume’ dialog on the XBox (rather than allowing you to browse further into the folder hierarchy). Clicking ‘play’ does absolutely nothing.

I can confirm that re-scanning the media library does not fix this problem, but completely uninstalling TVersity and reinstalling the same version DOES fix the problem for me.

I have [literally] just purchased a license for version 2.2 so I will re-post here if I get the same problem again at any point. If you have any more questions, feel free to drop them below, also I will see if I can extract the exact model number of the XBox from within the firmware if this will still be of benefit to you.

krytie75

Thanks, we look forward to your update. We have been using Xbox devices here on regular basis and never encountered this issue. We would really like to get to the bottom of this with your help.

Perhaps you can do a wireshark capture of all network traffic taking place from the moment the Xbox is powered till you see the problem on screen?

aquila, can you answer the questions in my previous message? We would very much like to get to the bottom of this.

I’m having exactly the same issue with tversity 2.2 and xbox dashboard 2.0.15, how do I try an older version of tversity?

We are looking into this issue.

I’m exactly the same problem.

I think it has to do with library update.

You could solve this?

I am also seeing this problem. XBox can “see” TVersity fine, but the video folders that are listed (“All”, “Internet”, “Folders”, etc) are all marked as “inaccessible” (no-entry sign). I can select them, and am given the option to play, but nothing happens. It’s as if either TVersity or the Xbox think the folders are actually files of some unknown type.

We have been trying to reproduce the issue described in this thread without success. We suspect it might be related to specific Xbox models and would like to ask anyone experiencing this a few questions:

A reinstall solved my problems too.

As a programmer myself I started to wonder possible causes, but it’s hard to say without preview of source code…

I run windows XP sp3, which doesnt initiate connection to network drives automatically, only when I try to access the drives from my computer. And I think programs can’t access those either if not done manually before (havent tested)

Maybe if, when I upgraded my TVersity, my windows didnt have initiated connection to those network drives I keep my shared videos, so xbox saw no access (and since the “no access” -icon?) and after that it was actually xbox’s mistake to not re-check the access after I manually initiated the connection?

What it comes to music working fine, amuses me. But maybe it really is an xbox issue rather than tversity issue since you guys havent been able to repeat the situation? Try my case if you can, or upgrade my basic license to pro and I’ll do the work ;) I could even code a small program to test the network drives’ initiations program-wise

I also have the problem after purchasing and updating to 2.3 (not pro), finland :confused:

music files can be played without problems, it’s just the videoplayer that wont work hope this helps you

I also have the problem after purchasing and updating to 2.3 (not pro), finland :confused:

music files can be played without problems, it’s just the videoplayer that wont work hope this helps you

I have this problem as well! It is super frustrating. I own the pro version of tversity, and live in the US. I have the black, newer xbox but do not have a model number at the moment. I am running windows 8, if that matters.

I think it has to do with library update.

Runescape Gold|wow gold|Buy RS Gold|Cheap Runescape Gold

Sometimes the upgrade going wrong and after the upgrade the server have different problems.
To resole it try re-install TVersity using the following procedure:

Uninstall TVersity.
Reboot.
Remove the installation folder of the software (C:\\ProgramData\\TVersity for Windows 7 and Vista or  C:\\Program Files\\TVersity\\Media Server for Windows XP).
Install TVersity.