Well idk what did it but reinstalling it made it possible for me to launch the program. Afterwards I did a bunch of things on my computer so TVersity would get recognized by my Xbox360 and I have it working.
Here are things I did incase someone else has the same problem... Like I said though idk what worked so try all that you can.
- I went into services.msc and disabled the Homegroup Listener and Homegroup provider service.
- Since I have a Dell PC I uninstalled Dell Data services and some other Dell program.
- I have Windows 8.1 so I went into "PC Settings" > PC and Devices > Devices > Add A Device
I searched and it came up with TVersity... Later on though this disappeared so I don't think this step is necessary.
- I went into Windows Media Player and enabled media streaming.
- I went into Windows firewall and opened port 41952 for TVersity and all ports for my Xbox360
- I went into "Network And Sharing Center" > "Change Adapter Settings" > Clicked ALT on my keyboard to show the menu and clicked on "Advanced" > Advanced Settings > I then reordered my network so it went VPN > ethernet > Wireless (my VPN says Local Area Connection)
After all this I restarted my PC and low and behold it finally works. I may have missed a couple things I tried. I will add them later if anything comes to mind. I hope this helps someone else out in the future.